The integral first steps in defining an individual's drug treatment plan are the drug detoxification and withdrawal processes. In order to get someone is a stable state of mind, you have to introduce a period of no drug use because continued use of the substance often skews good judgement in addition to rationalizing continued use of the drug by the brain.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The plan is to get the addict to start to acknowledge his/her addiction and to decrease and ultimately put an end to substance use.
this timeframe in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 on drug detox is noted as a "window of opportunity" for a person with both medical and personal issues to think about further rehabilitation.
What Is Detox?
SAMHSA defines detox as a series of interventions that are done to control withdrawal symptoms and acute intoxication. Detox is separate from substance abuse treatment; it is a forerunner for it. Sometimes it may end up in a few days, but for others, detox may take a few months to end up. Drug Rehab London has detox experts who can offer assistance in efficiently treating withdrawal signs and have you enrolled in a treatment programme which is customised to align with your needs. It is highly and professionally recommended that addicts go through a long term treatment plan as detoxification does not deal with the social, emotional, cognitive and psychological issues that arise as a result of addiction.
Steps Of Drug Detox
By the end of the detox process, the three steps involved should be able to set a patient on a path to either an outpatient or an inpatient recovery treatment plan.
- It is crucial to correctly diagnose and evaluate someone's dependency in order to devise a proper treatment plan that will be efficient.
- The analysis stage is not just good for identifying the addiction and its severity; it is also important in uncovering any medical or psychological complications or disorders that may be occurring alongside the substance abuse.
- Becoming Stable
- Stabilization is the stage where the patient starts withdrawing from drugs.
- The main purpose in this stage is to achieve a drug-free shape.
- In order to help with the process, especially in cases where the patient is a heavy drug user, a prescription of medication can be provided.
- To speak, and thoughts stabilize, a real recognition and acknowledgment of addiction can start once the person has achieved a state of balance.
- The doors to recovery treatment and the user's role in the process are opened with this.
- Encouraging Admission for Drug Treatment
- Statistics show that a large number of people who go through the detoxification process do not go further in search of treatment for their substance abuse problem.
- There are different reasons for this phenomenon but the bottom line is that those who seek further treatment, whether in or outpatient have higher chances of recovery and lower chances of relapse.
- Great importance is placed on sticking to sobriety and addiction education.
- Once detox is over and done with, the patient can continue with the treatment plans that the facility offers including inpatient or outpatient options.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
It's not too late to look for treatment for an addiction. Contact Future's of Palm Beach now if you or someone you care about is suffering from drug addiction.
We have expert personnel committed to your well-being and a specialized dependency rehab centre. You can consult a licensed therapist who can greatly identify the different options given to you so you can move towards attaining a drug-free lifestyle.