FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Numerous people stress over how the addiction recovery process will influence their lives, the obscure can be alarming. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
Your recovery will be that much smoother if you understand what a rehabilitation treatment centre is all about, what goes on during treatment, how long it takes and how much the whole programme will cost you.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Rehab?
In rehab, treatment is tailored to each individual. In the bid to achieve prolonged sobriety, treatments like detoxification, individual and group therapy, education for the prevention of relapse, and after care planning before the end of the programme are used.
- Detox Detox is an essential part of early treatment. The toxic effects of alcohol and drugs are expelled by the body during detox. Detoxing varies greatly depending on the type of drug and frequency it was used, but many withdrawal symptoms can be unpleasant and possibly dangerous. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Drug Abuse Therapy Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. People in rehabilitation take part in gathering as well as individual treatment sessions to perceive and address the fundamental reasons for their enslavement. In treatment, individuals learn how to identify stressful situations and triggers so they can learn the skills to stay sober and prevent a relapse.
- Aftercare As a man advances with recovery and nears the finish of a recovery treatment program, staff will work with the patient to build up a proper aftercare arrangement. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
Rehabilitation programme has no mapped out duration for everyone. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. The substances abused, how severe the abuse is, the addiction history, the spiritual, cultural, social, emotional, mental and physical requirements of the addict are all considered when experts are searching for the rightful duration of treatment for an addict.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Dealing with enslavement includes figuring out how to explore through everyday life without using and includes diligent work plus commitment.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
What Happens When One Relapses
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. Relapse may put one back on track, enabling them to re-enter the programme and seek the support they need to remain sober.
Many recovering addicts find themselves entering rehab more than once before they can stand firm and continue on the recovery journey. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. There are high end, luxury programs that charge extra for special services and amenities and possible increase staff to patient ratios.
Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs. Outpatient treatment programmes differ in what they offer - including very structured, in-depth outpatient programmes, weekly group and one-on-one counselling sessions, and support group meetings at no charge.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Amenities provided - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Duration of Programme - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. Amid your admission session, an instructor will talk about the measure of time suggested in treatment for your absolute best at long haul recuperation.
- Location - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Kind of programme - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
Cost Of Rehab Vs Cost Of Addiction
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- The cost of medications
- Loss of productivity at work
- Lawful fines
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Can I Use Insurance?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Though, whether insurance will be welcomed will differ according to the specific centre. Your insurance plan may cover just a bit of your restoration stay, so it's vital to check your insurance plan before selecting in a drug recovery program.
If your insurance program does not take care of the expense of recovery, you can talk about other instalment choices with the centre you pick. There are many options that the programme may be prepared to accept a sliding scale payment or one that makes the charges more comfortable to pay.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
How Do I Choose Between Inpatient And Outpatient?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Residential Rehab Treatment
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. However, patients are required to reside in the facilities in both cases.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
Individuals with long-established or serious addictions, addictions to various substances, or with co-occurring medical and mental health issues frequently look for an inpatient rehabilitation centre for their treatment. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
Addicted patients visit the treatment facility for treatment, counselling, therapy and return home after every session. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. Since patients can leave, patients don't need to pay for the day and night care. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
You can contact us on 0800 772 3971 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
To use a substance whilst on the job is a legal reason for dismissal, though there are various federal regulations guarding your right to get treatment. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How To Get Time Off Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. These include
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Paid Time Off Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehab Treatment Centres There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programs Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
Luxury Treatment - What Is It?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Luxury centres commonly offer more holistic treatments, gourmet meals, and innovative therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. Call us on 0800 772 3971 and talk to our rehab placement counsellor to help you in assessing available treatment programmes for yourself or a loved one, or if you would like to compare available options.