Seeking Help With Dependency Therapy
There are various steps you can take to gain victory over your dependence on drugs and form a plan to maintain sobriety. No one understands your drug or alcohol addiction, is a time tested truth the addicted knows. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Please get in touch with us through our phone line 0800 772 3971 to get a deserving advisory opinion regarding your addiction problem.
Counselling is one of the vital components in a treatment program.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. Recovering patients have access to several treatment options enable to gradually improve and beat addiction.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
Knowing what is responsible for your dependency on a drug allows you to begin developing situations which result in long-term sobriety with the help from a well-trained counsellor.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
Hold sessions with the help of the patient's family or friends to support recovery.
Discourse like the dangers of addiction, causes and effects are likely to be treated during the group meeting. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
The functions of the counsellor are
- Non bias emotional support system to individuals and suitable therapy program delivery.
- Carry out on one to one therapy assessment sessions to identify cause of addiction.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Prepare a personalized treatment approach to suit the patient's circumstances.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
What Makes A Good Dependency Therapist
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. Advisers must exercise some form of sentiments and should be keen to hear from his/her patient.
The counsellor should be able to build rapport with the patient in order to get full cooperation and trust of the patient.
Addicts are helped to open up to them through the good qualities and feelings of the counsellor as some of them are ex addicts too. This will assist the counsellor recognize the fundamental problems that can be driving the habit-forming behaviour. This section of the treatment is important since, without diagnosing the latent issue, a durable recovery is not probable.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. Effective counsellors give full commitment and support for the recovery of the patient.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This allows the patient to be aware of his or her thoughts and actions that lead to certain behaviours.
- CBT helps the recovering addicts to identify the triggers and actions and help them develop better or healthy substitute actions or behaviour.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Those suffering two different type of illness are treated with DBT, and one of its major functions is to restore the courage of the patient and grant the victim strength to withstand tough health challenges.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Focusing on specific addiction treatment identifies trigger points, to take control of stress reactions through deep relaxation techniques.
- The patient is taught to direct themselves into a state of calmness or tranquillity and uses visualization or meditation to manage the stressors.
- Holistic Therapies
- Holistic treatment facilitates recovery together with traditional methods that encourage patients to draw strength from within.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- If you're looking for different holistic therapy techniques for addiction treatment, identify a suitable form from yoga, art, equine therapy.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
It can be attractive to consider that you don't need to go over the work and energy needed for addiction counselling.
Your recovery might be incomplete if you fail to absence completely from the major substance causing the addiction, even after spending time talking about the obvious persistence sting and distresses, to your therapist.