Defining Experimential Therapy
It is common to notice many recovering addicts feeling uncomfortable when working through the problems they are facing in a traditional therapy setting. In experimential therapy, addiction treatment is done in various locations including outdoors, in art studios etc.
Exploratory treatments are first-hand, engrossing proceedings which aid recuperating users handle and manage previous agony.
Some recouping addicts might be uncomfortable conversing with specialists in a customary directing setting Exploratory treatments place recuperating users in the settings wherein they could feel at ease, like in the open area or in a workshop or recording studio.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Mountain climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Therapy via music
- Wilderness walks
- Game therapy
- Adventure based counselling
Exploratory treatment is made to aid individuals in recuperation to create a better self-worth through dealing concealed sentiments and previous agonies. By exploratory treatment, a recuperating user would know how to deal with such problem with no need to resort to narcotics for a diversion.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Treating Dependency With Experimential Therapy
Physically requesting exercises like shake climbing and climbing re-enact genuine worry for recuperating addicts to overcome. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Methods And Treatments Used In Experimential Therapy
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
Recuperating users could be less cautious throughout exploratory treatments, permitting for better precise user assessments for counsellors and psychological recovering for abusers.
Coexisting psychological conditions exploratory treatments cure involve
- Intense sadness
- OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating issues
- PTSD or Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Combining Experimential Therapy And Other Treatments
Exploratory treatment goes nicely with some techniques in therapy such as CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and MET or Motivational Enhancement Therapy to concentrate on modifying self destructive conducts. The skills that are taught in these practical environments are life skills that the recovering user will be able to apply later in life.
Since withdrawal from many medications causes uncomfortable or even hazardous side effects, it's essential to start any treatment program with a therapeutic detox. Outpatient and residential rehabilitation schemes could equally cure abstinence signs throughout detoxification. To offer the best quitting method to an addict, the combination of several treatments with experimential therapy is typical used.
This is done to offer the addict a complete treatment and prevent further setbacks.
Experimential Therapy Usually Includes
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Utilising horses is a part of EAP or Equine Assisted Psychotherapy throughout the healing recuperation activities.
- Patients are not required to ride the horses during EAP. However, they will groom, feed, harness and walk the horses throughout the session.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- A patient may have suffered trauma that they are unaware of or unable to address or they may have negative emotions that they don't know how to process and equine-assisted therapy can help them to do this.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- The EMDR therapy requires patients to visualise a traumatic event even as a therapist leads them through specific eye movements.
- To aid patients to redeem from feelings that make them use drugs, EMDR is a known efficient method.
- Adventure Therapy
- The practice of outdoors sports is the focus of this therapy.
- Providing addicts an opportunity to develop personal responsibility, communication skills and the skills to solve problems while working within a group setting is the objective of adventure therapy and addicts receives the help that is required to achieve the ends.
- Art Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- When getting involved in artful activities patients can work through negative emotions, which can be stressful and learn to process them healthily.
Acquire The Whole Treatment You Deserve
If you're dealing with the problem of substance abuse give us a call to find out more about an addiction treatment program. Other substance rehabilitation facilities are experts in exploratory treatments, having mountain climbing walls, workshops, as well as obstacle courses within their areas. Treatment centres throughout the country have the resources both medical and therapeutic which you need to overcome drug addiction call us on 0800 772 3971.